President’s Message – August 2022
Hello ASHE Members!
I hope this message finds you well and that you are all having an amazing year thus far. I wanted to formally introduce myself to all the members. My name is Laura Campos and I am the new ASHE Central Florida Section President as well as the Programs Committee Chair. I’m so excited to start this new chapter with the ASHE Central Florida Section and get to know all the new members and continue getting to know the existing members. Speaking of members, the annual membership drive is still ongoing! We have so many amazing events coming up for all our members and you don’t want to miss out!
Membership and Sponsorship Drive
If you haven’t registered or renewed your membership, now is the time to do so. To renew your membership and sign your company up to become an annual sponsor, please click this link. If you are not a member and would like to become one (highly recommend!), please click the Membership tab on this website.
New Board of Directors and Committees
Please join me in welcoming all our new board of directors and committee chairs for the Central Florida Section. The new board of directors and committee chairs comes with a great variety of people with new ideas and amazing initiative which will continue to help grow our section. Click the Leadership tab on this website to get to know us!
We are also eager to have our members join a committee so if you or anyone else you know is interested in joining, please reach out to us!
ASHE Central Florida is known for our diverse and great events and these upcoming ones are no exception! See below for all upcoming events.
– Transportation Tuesdays: Next one is on September 20th at The Guesthouse
– 2022 Clay Shoot: Save the date! Our Annual Clay Shoot will be held on Thursday, October 6, at Blackjack Sporting Clays in Sumterville. Details and – registration information coming soon, or contact Gene Lozano for early registration information.
– FES/ASHE Bowling Fundraiser event: October 19th. Stay tuned for more information!
– RTMC “Lunch and Learn”: Tour FDOT D-5’s new Regional Transportation Management Center in Sanford. Stay tuned for more information!
– 2022 Holiday Gala: Save the date! Our Annual Holiday Gala will be held on Tuesday, December 13 at the Dubsdread Ballroom. If you love casinos, entertainment and socializing, you’ll definitely love this year’s Holiday Gala.
Thank you ALL for being a part of the ASHE Central Florida Section! Our members are what make this section amazing.
Have an amazing rest of your week!
Laura V. Campos, PE
ASHE Central Florida Section President and Programs Committee Chair